I AM ENOUGH!

 


Do you ever find yourself scrolling through posts and stories, and feeling less than enough?


Looking at glimpses of other peoples lives, and feeling that yours is lacking?


Reading stories of other peoples successes and feeling inadequate instead of inspired?


Some days I can scroll happily, taking note of things of interest to me without being affected negatively.


But other days as I scroll I am struck anew by the injustice of having my life circumscribed by my illnesses. Having my potential limited by lack of energy.


I see what other people my age and younger are accomplishing. The books written, the businesses started, the projects completed. 


What other mothers are doing with their children. The activities set up, the games played, the meals cooked. 


And I start to hear that little voice in my head telling me that I’m not enough. That my lack of accomplishments isn’t because of my illness but because I’m lazy, or stupid, or just not good enough.


And I suppose the sensible thing to do at that point would be to stop scrolling. But I can’t. Some self-destructive urge makes me carry on, comparing and finding myself lacking.


Today has been one of those days.


And so I am now going to spend some time shouting down that little voice with the words “I am enough!” until maybe I start to believe it myself again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know How Much Energy NOT Doing Something Can Take?

Just Breathe ;

Why Do I Find It Easier To Talk To Strangers On The Internet About My Chronic Illness Than I Do To My Family And Friends?