It’s Okay To Take Time To Pause

 


I find taking a pause can be beneficial in many different situations.


~ When there seems to be so much to do that I don’t know where to start and overwhelm and panic kick in


~ When I’m down in the black pit of depression and can’t see a way out


~ When I’m in the middle of a flare and it feels like it’s going to last forever


~ When the world seems too loud and every noise feels like a hammer hitting me


~ When the kids are pushing me to the edge


~ When the pain is so bad and I don’t know if I can cope with it anymore


I might still be in the same situation afterwards, but taking that pause really helps to refocus my mind and gives me chance to remember that


~ I can just take it one thing at a time and it will all get done eventually


~ That I’ve been down in that pit before and so I know that there is a way out


~ That I’ve got through every other flare and I will get through this one and get back to baseline


~ That it’s ok to retreat from the world and it’s noise until I’m ready to deal with it again


~ That the kids are living with my illness as well, and they are less emotionally capable of dealing with it so need me to be their calm and safe place


~ That I have a 100% success rate at getting through the pain, and while it’s ok to struggle with it I am also strong enough to cope


We might not be able to change our situation, but taking time to pause can give us the opportunity to reframe it. 


To remind ourselves how strong we truly are. 


To remember that we are warriors!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did You Know How Much Energy NOT Doing Something Can Take?

Just Breathe ;

Why Do I Find It Easier To Talk To Strangers On The Internet About My Chronic Illness Than I Do To My Family And Friends?